My Legal | Child Support

Has the parent of your child failed to provide financial support for your child after your separation?  Child support is the right of the child, not the parent. It cannot be waived by a parent without the court’s consent.  Courts have the authority to not only issue orders requiring parents to pay child support for the basic necessities of the child’s life, but it may also require one or both parents to pay daycare expenses and premiums for health insurance to cover the child.

Child support is calculated using an objective calculator factoring the incomes of both of the parents and the number of overnights the child spends with each parent.  To protect your child’s right to receive support, you will need to file a cause of action in circuit court.

For more information please visit Willingham and 

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s