Guests evacuated from local hotel, smoke spotted on multiple floors

(WLNS) — Fire crews were called to the University Quality Inn on Grand River Avenue in Lansing Sunday morning.

Guests spotted the smoke on the first and second floors just before 5:00 am, and quickly called for help.

Fire crews evacuated the building shortly after.

One guest tells 6 News the hallway looked foggy from the smoke, and smelled like a burning car battery.

Employees say the smoke originated from the furnace room, and then spread.

The incident remains under investigation.

 

 

 

 

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s