Fire started by candle forces family from home

(WLNS) – Lansing Firefighters were called to a house fire after a candle tipped over and a mattress caught fire.

The home on the 600 block of Lenore Avenue was evacuated after parts of the home filled with smoke.

Officials tell 6 News the family lost power in the storm and had been using the candle for light when it tipped onto a mattress.

No one was injured in the fire.

 

 

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s