Roaches, animals, trash and waste in condemned home where boy was burned

Photo: City of Jackson

JACKSON, Mich (WLNS/MLIVE) – The home where a 4-year-old boy was burned yesterday has been condemned by Jackson city inspectors.

The home on the 400 block of Adams Street was filled with feces, roaches, trash and animals.

A live alligator was taken from the home.

Inspectors found a furnace was spreading carbon monoxide through the home, endangering two children sleeping in makeshift bedrooms.

Our media partners at MLive report the house was found to be in violation of 10 city codes.

It is not yet known how the boy was burned.

He has been taken to the C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor.

While responding to the call about the burned child Jackson Police found a wheelchair taken last month from a Jackson man.

The wheelchair has been returned to the man.

6 News Jackson bureau reporter Aaron Dimick will be updating this story online and on 6 News.

More from MLive: Roach infestation, feces, exotic animals in condemned house where boy was burned

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s