Mason home damaged by basement fire

MASON, Mich. (WLNS) – A family was forced out of their home Sunday night after a fire broke out in the basement.

Firefighters were called to the 300 block of West Elm Street around 10:00 p.m.

According to officials, four people were inside when the fire started, but made it out of the house with no injuries.

Officials believe the fire started with a wood-burning stove in the basement used for heating.

They say that most of the damage is isolated to the basement, but other parts of the house has smoke damage.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s