(WLNS) – The former MSU and USA gymnastics Doctor Larry Nassar made his way to court, charged with 3 counts of criminal sexual conduct.
Nassar pleaded not guilty to all charges in the case that has warranted a response and investigation by the Attorney General’s office.
More than 50 complaints have been filed, after a woman, who was just a girl younger than 13 at the time, initially accused Nassar of multiple sexual assaults that allegedly occurred between 1998 and 2005.
“Stole this victim’s childhood,” Attorney General Bill Schuette explained. “Which can never be undone”.
After bond was set at $1 million in Nassar’s arraignment, he paid ten percent of it and was able to walk away.
Scheutte says the Attorney General’s office is doing everything in their power to make sure Nassar isn’t granted that freedom for much longer.
“We’re going to be very aggressive on it and we’re going to press forward and I think we’ll get the conviction,” Schuette said.
The abuse allegations surfaced in August when 2 former gymnasts cam forward. Since then, Michigan State Police have continued to receive complaints of abuse by Nassar.
“These have been pretty complex cases that we’ve been working on, they’ve involved multiple jurisdictions and venues,” Michigan State University Police Chief James Dunlap said.
Nassar’s attorney Shannon Smith says not everyone is attacking him, many are defending him, including his wife and former co-workers.
“There are hundred of people who support him 100 percent,” Smith said.
Schuette says the woman who came forward has opened the doors for other women to feel safe to speak.
“The filing of these charges would provide hope to other victims of this predator,” Schuette said.
Nassar is back in court for a conference on December 8.