JACKSON, Mich (WLNS) – Firefighters in Jackson worked quickly this afternoon to contain a fire that hit a duplex house.
The fire began just after 5:00 p.m. on West Monroe Street in Jackson.
6 News is told the fire started in the bedroom of a second floor apartment.
Everyone inside the house got out safely and there were no injuries.
There is moderate damage to the second floor apartment and water damage to the first floor apartment.
The Red Cross is helping the displaced families.
Inspectors will be in the house tomorrow to determine if the residents can continue to live there.