Livingston Co. man and dog die of carbon monoxide poisoning

GREEN OAK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WLNS) – A 73-year-old man and his dog have died in Livingston County, likely victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Green Oak Township Police Chief Jason Pless says they were found Sunday by a neighbor who said the man hadn’t been seen for a few days. His name wasn’t released.

Our media partners at WHMI report the fire department believes a faulty water heater may have caused the carbon monoxide release.

More from WHMI: Green Oak Man & Dog Dead From Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

>>The Associated Press contributed to this report

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s