Michigan attorney general wants $3.4M more for Flint probe

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan’s attorney general has won preliminary approval to spend $3.4 million more to investigate Flint’s water crisis, which would more than triple overall spending on the probe.

The request was endorsed 3-0 by a State Administrative Board committee Tuesday. The full board will meet July 12 to consider the contract change.

Months ago, Attorney General Bill Schuette hired lawyer Todd Flood and 21 other outside attorneys and investigators for the probe.

An initial $1.5 million in spending was authorized through July 2017. The amendment calls for spending up to $4.9 million and extending the contract two more months.

Schuette spokeswoman Andrea Bitely says the money being requested was previously approved by the Legislature in the budget process. She says “this is not an investigation that can be done on the cheap.”

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s