EATON CO., Mich (WLNS) – The number of people who have reported getting sick after eating at a Delta Township restaurant has now topped thirty.
Carrabba’s Restaurant on West Saginaw voluntarily closed last week to clean and sanitize after a number of people said they got sick after eating there.
According to Greg Cabose of the Barry-Eaton Health Department the number of people calling to report illnesses has stopped since the restaurant re-opened last Wednesday. Testing continues of samples taken from people who reported illnesses.
Last week there were people reporting that they were experiencing vomiting or diarrhea within days of eating at Carrabba’s.
Cabose told 6 News last week that the symptoms people were showing were consistent with norovirus but that has not been determined yet.
He adds that “it could have been a customer that brought this in to the facility, it could have been an employee, it could have even been a product that was processed at a plant somewhere else and then brought into the facility as a food product.”
Carrabba’s employees scrubbed and sanitized the restaurant, threw out the majority of its food and even tossed out its menus as part of the cleaning process.