Welding accident sparks fire at Jackson County company

Photo courtesy: Blackman-Leoni Department of Public Safety

Firefighters say a welding accident was to blame for a fire that struck a Jackson County business on Tuesday.

The Blackman-Leoni Township Department of Public Safety got the call just before 1 p.m.

They say they arrived at Leimenstoll Services on the 2400 block of Lansing Avenue to find smoke coming from the southwest side of the building.

The company specializes in millwright work, according to its website.

A spokesman says the fire was inside the wall and attic, which made it tricky to fight and put out. They got help from the Jackson Fire Department, as well as firefighters from Henrietta Township and Rives-Tompkins Township.

It took them about an hour and half to put the flames out. No one was hurt.

 

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s