Wife of Kalamazoo shooting spree suspect files for divorce

Jason Dalton appeared by video in a Kalamazoo courtroom on Feb. 22, 2016 to face murder charges.

COOPER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) – The wife of the man charged in the Kalamazoo area shootings that killed six people and injured two others is seeking a divorce.

Carole Dalton filed for divorce Thursday, the Kalamazoo County Circuit Court confirmed to 24 Hour News 8.

The filing happened the same day a family lawyer disclosed new details about Dalton’s state of mind before shootings.

Paul Vlachos, lawyer for Dalton’s family told 24 Hour News 8 that Dalton’s wife said he appeared to be tired, a little down and not his usual self.

He said Dalton called his wife shortly after the first shooting to tell her to meet him at his parents’ house to switch vehicles because he had been side-swiped while he was working as an Uber driver. Police later said the vehicle damage was caused by Dalton’s erratic driving.

Vlachos said Carole Dalton didn’t learn about the killings until police arrived at Dalton’s parent’s home hours later.

Vlachos said Jason and Carole Dalton had been married about 20 years and Jason Dalton has been a good father to their two children.

The family said the man they saw on video during his arraignment is not the Jason Dalton they know.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s