Carbon Monoxide kills a family of six

GENESSEE COUNTY, MI. (WLNS) – Investigators in Genessee County say Carbon Monoxide killed a family of six from Fenton Township over the weekend following Friday’s power outage.

Police say two adults and four children were inside their home running a generator in their basement without proper ventilation.

That’s what likely created the toxic fumes.

Carbon Monoxide is colorless and odorless but breathing it can be deadly.

It is generated by engines running without enough oxygen and from malfunctioning heating appliances, so the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning is higher during the winter.

Health officials encourage people to make sure all of their heaters are in good working order and that any engines including generators are kept well away from buildings while running.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s