Firefighters hear explosion in garage while fighting fire

LANSING, MI (WLNS) – Fire crews had their hands full Thursday night fighting a garage fire.

It happened Thursday night in the 3000 block of Creston Avenue.

When crews arrived on scene to the two-car detached garage, there was a heavy fire, said Lansing Public Information Officer Charles Stadt.

The Lansing Fire Department told 6 News fire officials heard an explosion inside the garage. The explosion is believed to be propane or gas exploding,

Stadt said there were lots of accelerants within the garage, including things like propane and gasoline.

There was no one inside the garage at the time of the fire and no one was injured.

The fire got hot enough to melt the siding on the garage, but did not cause any structural damage to the home.

Crews were still working to put out the flames as of 9:50 p.m. Thursday.

The Lansing fire marshal is investigating further at this time.

6 News is here for you. We will provide updates as soon as they are available.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s