Wood stove to blame for house fire

WILLIAMSTON, MI (WLNS) – A woman and her pets are homeless after flames inside a wood stove got of control.

The fire started around 9:30 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 3600 block of M-52 in Williamston.

Fire officials tell 6 News a woman, three cats and two dogs were inside the home at the time, but made it out safely.

Emergency crews had to block off a portion of the highway so firefighters could put out the flames.

Fire officials say the woman’s home is repairable, but it’s unlivable at this time.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s