LANSING, Mich (WLNS) – In case your children haven’t reminded you yet this Saturday is Halloween.
That means all your little ghosts and goblins will be trick-or-treating.
But before you head out the door it’s important to know the hours the annual rush from door-to-door is allowed where you live.
Here’s the list of local trick-or-treat hours:
East Lansing: 6p-8p
St. Johns: 6:30p-8p
Eaton Rapids: 6p-8p
And while you’re out filling trick-or-treat goodie bags there are some safety reminders for you:
- Use face make-up instead of masks that could restrict vision for children
- Remind your children to not eat any candy until they get home and a parent has inspected it.
- NEVER go inside a stranger’s house
- Young children should always be accompanied by an adult. If a group of kids are going there should be two or three adults with the children.
- Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or has reflective tape on their costume to make them more visible in the dark
- Know where your older children will be and set a time for them to be home
Have fun, be safe and send a picture of your favorite Halloween costume to us by clicking here!