(WLNS) – This is National Coffee Day and as you grab your favorite cuppa here are some fun facts about coffee. Astound your friends with your coffee knowledge. Who knows? You might be able to win a free cup in a trivia contest at your favorite coffee shop.
1. Water is the only beverage more popular than coffee.
2. The average coffee drinker consumes three cups of coffee per day.
3. Coffee contains over 1200 chemicals and over half of those are responsible for creating its flavor.
4. Oil is the most widely used product in the world, coffee is next in line.
5. Beethoven counted the number of coffee beans he used to make his coffee and insisted on 60 beans per cup.
6. Coffee beans are not really beans at all but berries from the coffee tree bush.