(WLNS) — ‘Tis the season to take your work out outside to the trails or tracks.
6 News This Morning reporter Mariah Harrison and personal trainer Walter Crockett are teaming up to show beginners how to run outside safely, and to do it with low impact.
– Start off with a stretch to the hips and glutes.
– Cross leg at knee so it looks the number “4” ,and pull knee to chest.
– Hold this pose on each leg for 30 seconds.
YOU’RE OFF & RUNNING
– For a low impact run, try running half on the grass and half on the sidewalk or running a dirt trail. The ground will give a little and decrease impact on feet and knees.
– Lastly, go at your own pace.
– Start out running a half mile, then progress up to a full mile.
Join Mariah and Walter each week for “Work It Out Wednesday” on 6 News This Morning.