EAST LANSING, MI (WLNS) – Michigan State University has unveiled their new uniform design.
The new uniform features the latest in Nike innovation, the Nike Mach Speed football uniform.
The fresh, updated design shows tribute to the ancient Spartan roots.
Green jerseys with contrasting white nameplates and numbers will be worn by the Spartans when they play at home. Home pants will be either white or green. An alternate home game jersey features bronze sleeve caps and subtle bronze highlights throughout the design.
When the Spartans play an away game, the color scheme reverses. They’ll wear a white jersey and pants with green numbers.
Key Details of the Nike Mach Speed Football Uniform:
- Durable, heavy-duty stretch-woven panels strategically placed to lock down the shoulder pads across the chest and back.
- New Nike Chainmaille 2.0 mesh fabric, ventilated through laser-cut pods, used to provide strength at the neck grill for lock down fit. The same mesh is employed at the back of the neck, under the arm and in an air channel between the chest panels for increased airflow.
- Laser-perforated mesh panels incorporated into major heat zones within the mid-section of the jersey – at the stomach and lower back – allowing for heat release where athletes need it most.
- The jersey armhole openings are rotated forward for a more articulated fit and better range of motion. An additional stretch gusset has been added below the armhole to enhance flexibility.
- A tailored hem at the back of the knee reduces bulk, while a cuff at the front locks in the pads.
- Perforated mesh fabric behind the knee to keep the athlete cool, augmented by a Nike Chainmaille 2.0 mesh panels at the side of the leg for zoned ventilation.
- At the waist, an updated gripper draw cord locks the pant in place.