UPDATE: 3-Year-Old Girl Killed In House Fire

BRANCH COUNTY, MI (WLNS) – Officials in Branch County believe they know what started a deadly house fire that killed a 3-year old girl.

According to investigators a kerosene stove did not work properly and the toddler’s mother was cooking on it when it started to smoke. Moments later flames took over the house in Butler Township. This happened Wednesday morning.

Firefighters and sheriff deputies arrived to find the girl’s family trying to get back inside to save her but it was too late.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s