JACKSON, MI (WLNS) – A man in Jackson, known locally for saving his neighbor’s life back in 2011, could use some help of his own Wednesday.
Fire officials say his kitchen caught fire Tuesday afternoon in the 600 block of Oak Street.
Firefighters moved fast, and were able to keep the flames in the room.
However, there’s still smoke damage throughout.
6 News was told the house is considered condemned right now, but repairable.
Several years ago the man lifted a minivan off of his neighbor who became trapped underneath, while working on it.