JACKSON, MI (WLNS) – Several fire departments had their hands full fighting a fire in Jackson Tuesday.
It happened around 3 p.m. in the 600 block of Oak St. in Jackson.
One man was in the home at the time of the fire and did make it out safely. Summit Twp, Jackson Fire and Blackman Twp. Fire Departments as well as Blackman Twp. police were on scene to help out.
Officials say the man living in the home was cooking on the stove when the fire started. The fire spread throughout the house from the kitchen. Officials believe the man may have fallen asleep.
Deputy Fire Chief David Wooden of the Jackson Fire Dept. says the house will be condemned and is not livable.
A neighbor says the homeowner recently lost the wife.