LANSING, MI (WLNS) – Firefighters had their hands full Friday afternoon after a fire broke at the Red Lobster in Frandor.
It happened around 3:30 p.m. Friday in the 3000 block of E. Saginaw Street in Lansing.
Our crew on scene said the fire appears to have been contained to the roof. As a result of the flames, the restaurant’s exterior is damaged.
Firefighters evacuated everyone from Red Lobster. Employees say more than 50 customers were inside at the time. Everyone made it out safely.
The Lansing Fire Department says the restaurant will be closed for the rest of the day. Employees were sent home.
Firefighters are working to determine where the fire started and what caused it.
SLIDESHOW: Red Lobster Fire