Carbon Monoxide To Blame In Couple’s Death

Photo courtesy of MLive

MUSKEGON COUNTY, MI (WLNS) – Officials say a husband and wife were found dead inside of a home Thursday and they say carbon monoxide poisoning is to blame.

It happened around 5 p.m. Thursday in the 1900 block of Fir Ave. in Blue Lake Twp., that’s according to our media partners at MLive. The victim’s family members found the couple in their home.

Muskegon County Sheriff’s Sgt. Michael Herremans says the furnace had not been venting properly and the residents tried a do-it-yourself fix. Sgt. Herremans says the couple was using a pipe to provide proper ventilation, but the pipe had frozen shut.

Once the pipe had frozen shut, it was only a matter of time before carbon monoxide leaked into the home.

Officials have not released the names of the victims, as they are continuing to investigate.

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s