Fire Leaves Farmhouse A Total Loss

(Image 1)
WILLIAMSTON, Mich. (WLNS) — Firefighters in Williamston say a wood stove sparked flames that burned an old farm home to the ground Saturday.

It happened just after noon, on Waldo Road in Wheatfield Township.    

Witnesses say, at one point, flames fully engulfed the two story farmhouse. As firefighters sprayed on water, tons of white smoke poured out.

The heat from the fire also caused a small grass fire, which firefighters quickly put out. 

“The first image was just a giant fire ball. It was something we wouldn’t have went inside on, it was an exterior attack only. It pretty much burned itself out before we got a lot of water on it. It’s an old farmhouse and it’s really dry, so it went pretty quick,” said Captain Scott Cochrane of the Williamston Fire Department.

There was one man inside the home and he did make it out safely. Officials say the home is a total loss.
blog comments powered by Disqus