Severe Weather Resources

(Image 1)

Mid-Michigan Storm Disaster Contact Information



Red Cross – for Immediate Assistance contact your local Red Cross

  • Mid–Michigan Chapter – (517)-484-7461 — 1800 E. Grand River Ave., Lansing, MI 48912
  • Livingston County Chapter- (517)-546-0326 — 1372 W Grand River, Howell, MI 4843
  • Genesee-Lapeer Chapter- (810)-232-1401 — 1401 S. Grand Traverse St., Flint, MI 48503

Consumers Energy – To report an outage or get the latest restoration information

  • Visit and click on the Outage Center tab to view an outage map that provides the same info you get if you call them
  • Residential customers call (800)-477-5050
  • Business customers call (800)-805-0490
  • Residents should charge their electronic devices and have fresh batteries for flashlights and radios before the storm hits. Consumers also encourages residents to have an ample supply of water and non-perishable food
  • During and after a storm, assume that any down lines are “live” and dangerous and remain at least 25 feet away. Report any downed wires by calling 9-1-1 or Consumers Energy at 1-800-477-5050
  • Also, remember to not touch anything a power line may be touching including trees, fences and puddles.

FEMA– In case of Disaster Emergency

  • National Watch Center (NWC)
  • For urgent requests for immediate assistance, such as those following disasters that occur without warning, contact (202)-646-2828
  • For Public Assistance- U. S. Department of Homeland Security

Federal Emergency Management Agency, Public Assistance Division

500 C Street, SW, Washington, DC 20472 — Telephone: (202) 646-3057

DTE- Outage Center

BWL- Storm Safety

  • Contact this toll free line to report power outages (877)-BWL-5001
  • For Storm Safety Tips and Help or click on the Community Impact tab and under Safety First you can go to the Storm Safety page.

Michigan Flyer– (517) 333-0400


Fly Lansing- Capitol Region International Airport

Greyhound- Fare and schedule information

Greater Lansing Food Bank

  • Dial 2-1-1 for emergency food assistance in the Tri-County area
  • Ingham County Residents can contact the Ingham County Food Bank at (517)-887-4357 Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
  • To locate resources and help in Clinton and Eaton counties dial (866)-361-8211

Food Bank of South Central Michigan

  • 5451 Wayne Road  Battle Creek, MI 49037
  • T: (269) 964-3663  F:(269) 966-4147

We welcome thoughts and comments from our viewers. We ask that everyone keep their remarks civil and respectful. Postings that contain profanity, racist, or potentially libelous remarks will be deleted. We will delete any commercial postings, as well.

blog comments powered by Disqus